Sunday, November 11, 2007

Getting Ready for the Pre-Thesis Industry Review

Well, I've revised my story since the last review, while taking the advice of the faculty panel. I think that I'm getting somewhere with the story and is happy with the direction it is going. I’ve stuck to my original concept of Retired Superheroes. Only now the premise of the narrative is that they are retired and they don’t have much to do therefore the two characters (Flexman and Flash) fight over doing the simplest things in the house. Making every little task a heroic adventure.

We have our Industry Pre-Thesis review this Thursday. I’m putting all my updated info in one posting.

Introduction:
My main goal in my thesis is to get a solid animation while refining my skills. Many areas of animation inspired me, however there were a few works of art in particular that really motivated me. They were Chuck Jones’s Animation, The Incredibles, Wallace and Gromit as well as the sculpture exhibit L'Hospice. Through these references I’ve come up with my narrative about a retired superhero and his sidekick that are now bored in their retirement and treat an everyday task like a superhero adventure.

Thesis Statement -
A Character Animated Short with an emphasis on comic timing and exaggerated poses that showcases the humorous relationship between a retired superhero and his sidekick dog in a cartoon style.

Story Synopsis
Synopsis

Thesis Treatment
Treatment

Flexman Script
Script

Flexman Storyboard
Storyboard

Thesis Outline
Outline

Research Paper
Paper

Style Frames


2-D Animatic -
2D Animatic Link

No comments: