Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Helpful Information

Well I meet with Myles, one of the professors on my review panel today. He gave me a lot of helpful information, I though I had to totally rewrite my story, but I didn’t, I just have to revise mine.
Some tips he gave me:
Play with cut between Nigel’s POV and Fangs POV.
What was Nigel’s Power, what could he do before that he can’t go now.
Gags that happen to older people that are funny to us not them.
Have audience relate
May Nigel is Fat or skinny, from years of not working.
He can’t turn on the radio/scanner; Fang has to do it for him.
Keep Nigel Local.
Maybe he drops things and Fang has to pick them up.
Maybe he has a hard time seeing or hearing.
Show past by old newspaper on table or book.
Play on dog more.
Maybe Wheel chair pushes into screen.
He can do everyday routines with power.
Maybe little episodes that builds up in aTime Lapse.
Look for other two characters like Wallace and Gromit.

He showed me a short that had a minimal background and focused on animation
The Troubleshooting

No comments: