Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Playing with the Story

I tried to fix the story while taking into consideration what was said during my review. I still have a few concerns. For story 1, I’m adding a third character and I still haven’t figured out how to establish he was a superhero in the past. For story 2, I also need to establish that he was a superhero in the past, I could do what I originally had and show his past accomplishments by how his room is decorated. I also have to figure out what the scanner says, and what Nigel thinks it says. I also need to figure out how to end it. Also, some of the panel didn’t like that I had stretch as his ability, I think both of these stories can work with stretch or flying, his new power since I don’t want Nigel to have an ability that deals with dynamics.

1) Nigel and Fang are sitting in the park playing checkers. They hear a yell for help. Nigel goes to get up and Fang grabs him. Fang doesn’t want to go though this again, he just wants to finish the game of checkers. Nigel insists on helping. Fang just puts his face in his hands. They look and a kid who bought balloons is flying away with them. Nigel raises his arm to fly up and grab the kid, but he can’t fly as well as he use to. Nigel tries again, this time standing on the chair to add a bit of height; he still can’t get high enough to reach the kid. Finally Fang grabs the straw out off his drink and fills it with pebbles. He shoots at the balloons until the kid lowers down. Nigel than still trying to reach the kid grabs his foot and pulls him down. Nigel thinks he saved the day, but Fang and the Kid know otherwise. The kid walks up to Fang and says: You bad Dog”, He puts his hand out and says, “ you owe me $2 for my balloons.”

2) Nigel and Fang are sitting in the living room playing checkers and listening to the police scanner. Nigel’s mishears what is said and thinks the town is need of help, so starts to get ready. Fang looks at him like what are you doing. Finally Nigel repeats what he heard to Fang. Fang tries to stop him from going. Nigel goes to get out, and forgets to open the widow and flies into the glass. Then he tries to open the window and struggles, until Fang comes and unlocks it. Nigel looks at him like oh. He decides to climb out the window and lands in the bush. We see Fangs POV as he looks out the window down at Nigel in the bush. Fang then disappears and we see Nigel’s POV as Fang walks out the door, next to the window.

No comments: