Friday, April 11, 2008

Picking and choosing my battles

I find that at this point in production. I’m picking and choosing my battles. I’ve been working though my shots again this week. I left the lab Thursday night and set some renders and everything was fine. I walked in this morning all my textures and animation on the guy were all messed up. I wound up having to revert back to an older rig with less facial controls. It was either that or redo the animation on everyone of my shots. Today I’m playing with constrains. I need to constrain the light bulb to the characters hand. The problem is that the control on the hand when it moves, separates from the wrist, and with constrains the object follows the controller. I’ve tried a few different ways; I’ve even tried parenting it to the bone. Another animation student, Michael gave me one-way by working with parent and orient constrains and animating the constraint controls. I’ll give it a try again.

No comments: